Thursday, October 11, 2012
Chocolate Bugs for Halloween or Bug Theme Party
How to make chocolate bugs:
- Microwave chocolate chips at half power for 40 seconds.
- Microwave for another 40 seconds
- Stir until smooth
- Pour melted chocolate into a piping bag or freezer bags
- Tie up the bag, and cup a small opening
- Draw bugs on wax paper.
- Add candy eyes on the bugs (optional)
Use these chocolate bugs to decorate the dessert of your choice
Chocolate spider on vanilla pudding
I also make some bugs with candy melts
Chocolate chips and candy melts are both very easy to work with. However, there are some big differences between them.
- They taste different. In my opinion, chocolate chips taste much better.
- Chocolate takes much longer to set. It took a few hours for my chocolate bug to set while my candy melt bugs were set in only 10 minutes.
- Candy melts are much harder. If you are creating something with small details, you better use candy melts.
Please give me a "like on Facebook, join me on Pinterest or follow me on Twitter to get instant notifications on new fun food ideas! Thank you. Tweet Pin It